A worker was killed in an industrial accident that happened in Louisiana.
Details about the Industrial Accident
According to a news release from the Kenner Police, a 58-year-old man was killed when he became trapped and was crushed inside an automatic rotating tool machine with a turning lathe. Authorities have stated that the man, who has been working for the company for the past six years, reportedly did not engage the safety shut-off when he became trapped in the machinery at about 12 p.m. early on Thursday afternoon.
The worker was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident. At this time, police have not identified the victim, pending notification of family members. An investigation into the fatal work accident currently remains ongoing at this time.
Important Information about On the Job Accidents
- In 2014, there were a total of 4,821 workers who were killed in on the job accidents in the United States.
- During the same year, there was an average of 92 on the job fatalities per week, or 13 per day.
- Getting caught in between something accounted for 1.3 percent of all on the job fatalities in 2014.
Share this article:
One man was injured after being involved in a school bus accidents.
Details about the School Bus Accident
According to local police, the accident happened at about 3:15 p.m. on Thursday afternoon along the 100 block of Garrett lane, near Highway 181. A badly damaged white pickup truck was seen near the scene of the accident.
Officials working the bus accident have stated that an adult male involved in the collision was transported via helicopter to the University Hospital with traumatic injuries.
At this time the identity of the victim or the true extent of his injuries has not been released to the public. An investigation into the cause and circumstances of the accident remains ongoing at this time.
Important Information about School Transportation Accidents
According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there are a little over 100 wrongful deaths of people involved in school transportation accidents every year in the United States:
- From the period of 2004 to 2013, there were a total of 1,344 people of all ages who were killed in school transportation accidents in the United States.
- During the same time period, there were an average of 134 fatalities in school transportation accidents every year in the United States.
- Impacts to the front end of school transportation vehicles happened in 53 percent of all fatal school transportation crashes in the United States.
Share this article:
A San Antonio pedestrian was sent to the hospital after being involved in a motor vehicle accident.
Details about the Pedestrian Accident
KSAT 12 News is reporting that a man was sent to the hospital on Friday morning after being involved in a hit and run accident that happened during the overnight hours, according to the San Antonio police department.
The accident was originally reported to police at about 11:15 p.m. on Thursday evening, near the intersection of Southeast Military Drive and South Flores Street on the south side of the city. Police have stated that the man who was hit by the vehicle was not walking in the crosswalk at the time of the accident.
The man, who is in his 50s, was taken to University Hospital with a broken leg. Police are now looking for the driver of a red four door vehicle they suspect was involved in the accident. An investigation remains ongoing at this time.
Important Information about Pedestrian Accidents
- In 2013, there were a total of 4,735 pedestrians who were killed in motor vehicle accidents in the United States.
- During the same year, there were an additional 150,000 people who were treated in emergency rooms for non-fatal injuries sustained in pedestrian accidents.
- Pedestrians are about 1.5 times more likely to die in a traffic accident than occupants of motor vehicles.
Share this article: