Thousands of Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits Pending
UPDATE: More than 9,000 women have filed lawsuits against five different manufacturers in the U.S. for serious and permanent side-effects caused by transvaginal mesh implants.
Mesh manufacturers involved in litigation include:
- American Medical Systems (AMS)
- Ethicon (a division of Johnson & Johnson)
- Boston Scientific
- C.R. Bard
Transvaginal Mesh Linked to Serious Injuries in Women
Women who have been fitted with transvaginal mesh devices or slings to treat Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) or Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI) have reported the following side-effects and outcomes:
- Chronic pain
- Mesh erosion
- Serious infection
- Urinary problems
- Recurrence of prolapse
- Bowel, bladder, and blood vessel perforation
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Narrowing of the vaginal wall
- Revision surgeries
Mesh Injury Cases Head to Trial
- In July 2012, a jury awarded $5.5 million to a woman who suffered complications from her C.R. Bard transvaginal mesh device.
- Hundreds of other transvaginal mesh cases have been consolidated into five multidistrict litigations (MDL) involving five TV Mesh manufacturers.
- The first of the so-called “bellwether cases” is against C.R. Bard, and will go to trial on February 5, 2013.
- The next set of trials will begin on December 3, 2013 for American Medical Systems (AMS), Ethicon, and Boston Scientific.
Are you at Risk?
If you were fitted with a transvaginal mesh device to treat Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) or Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI) you may be at risk for serious, life-altering side-effects. Thousands of women have suffered as the result of defective transvaginal mesh devices and are currently seeking compensation for:
- Lost or reduced earnings
- Past and future medical expenses
- Multiple revision surgeries
- Physical impairment
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional Distress
- Spousal loss of consortium
Contact an Experienced Defective Medical Device Attorney
Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys are leaders in the area of drug and product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division have extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. The Defective Drug and Products Division represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of medical devices and/ or defective pharmaceuticals.
If you or a loved one have been injured by or have developed serious side effects from the use of transvaginal mesh or transvaginal mesh patches, contact Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.