1.5M verdict in Garden City Accident
An accident that took place near Garden City, Texas resulted in a $1.5 million award for the plaintiff.
Information About the Accident
In October 2010, the plaintiff was a passenger in a pickup truck heading west on Highway 158 at the intersection with Highway 37. The defendant was driving a tractor-trailer owned by his employer.
The defendant was on Highway 37 when he collided with the pickup truck. The plaintiff claimed shoulder, neck and leg injuries.
The plaintiff then sued the driver of the tractor and its owner, claiming that he disregarded the stop sign and flashing light at the intersection, where he pulled into the right of way of the Plaintiff's pickup truck, causing the truck to strike the trailer and spin off the roadway through a ditch.
- Full thickness rotator cuff tear in his non-dominant left shoulder.
- Cervical strains and a laceration to his left leg.
- The plaintiff began physical therapy a year after the collision and lasted two months.
- He underwent epidural steroid injections.
Case Goes to Trial
- The plaintiff's counsel maintained that the cervical strain encountered further aggravated a pre-existing cervical injury. Expert testimony indicated he would require more surgeries.
- The defense counsel argued that the plaintiff made no complaints of shoulder pain between his emergency room visit and later treatment, establishing the collision was not the cause of the shoulder injury.
- The defense also argued that the Plaintiff's cervical injury was degenerative and related to his prior injury.
- The jury consisting of 6 males and 6 males decided on a verdict awarding the Plaintiff a total of 1,500,592.46.
Contact an Experienced Trucking Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry have handled a multitude of 18-wheeler accidents over the past two decades and continue to handle many of the largest 18-wheeler accident cases throughout the United States. Whether the company is small or large, our success is not an accident; it is because we understand how trucking companies operate. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
Thomas J. Henry are available to respond to trucking accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$1.8 MillionExpenses: $20,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $765,000.00 | Net to Client: $1 Million
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULTS
$2 MillionExpenses: $78,475.96 | Attorneys Fees: $850,087.96 | Net to Client: $1,071,436.00
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$2.3 MillionExpenses: $200,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $900,000.00 | Net to Client: $1.2 Million