1 Dead Multiple Injured in Alabama Apartment Explosion
Authorities are continuing their investigations into an Alabama apartment building explosion that left one resident dead and many others injured.
About the Gate City Apartment Explosion
- According to FOX-WBRC, authorities are still trying to determine the cause of an explosion at an apartment building that left two units leveled, though current reports indicate a natural gas leak could be the culprit.
- Officials say the explosion occurred around 2:45 a.m. Tuesday and the resulting fire burned for about two hours.
- Fire fighters continued to put out hot spots until 6:30 am. when it was finally announced that the flames had been contained.
- By sunrise, all that remained of the two-story building that housed 10 bedrooms was a five foot high pile of rubble and debris.
Rescuers Search for Two Missing People
- Once the flames had been contained, rescue workers began searching for two residents who were unaccounted for, Tyrennis Laval Mabry, 40, and her fiancé Daryle Brown.
- The two were discovered inches apart from one another under on the first story buried under the rubble.
- While Brown was pulled from the wreckage alive, Mabry was pronounced dead at the scene. According to the coroner, she died of crushing injuries and burns.
- Brown has been rushed to the ICU of a nearby hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
- Among others in the accident were four children. Fortunately, their injuries are not considered life-threatening.
Contact an Experienced Premises Liability Attorney
Because of careless property owners, many people will suffer catastrophic injuries such as brain injuries or spinal cord injuries. The nature of many injuries which occur on dangerous property can be more than painful- they can be permanent.
Do not let your injuries overwhelm your life. If you have been seriously injured as a result of a condition or the use of real property, contact Thomas J. Henry. As your premises liability lawyer, we will secure proper medical care and fight to make sure you receive proper compensation. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends and we represent clients/victims all over the country.