2 People Injured in Two-Car Rollover Crash
Details of the Rollover Crash
According to reports, the two-vehicle crash occurred at some point before 6:00 p.m. on Thursday. The location of the crash was on eastbound State Route 522 near 131st Avenue Northeast, according to the Washington State Patrol.
The cause of the crash has not been determined; however, both vehicles rolled over and were badly damaged. Both drivers were initially trapped in the wreckage and sustained injuries. One of the injured people was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center, and the second injured person was taken to Evergreen Hospital, according to the Woodinville Fire Department. The condition of neither is known.
According to WSP officials, a drug recognition expert has been sent to the hospital in accordance with the ongoing investigation. State Troopers have stated that one of the drivers in the accident has potential for facing a vehicle assault charge.
Traffic in the area was slowed in response to the crews working to free the injured drivers and clear the accident scene.
Motor Vehicle Crash Statistics
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation:
- The Nation saw 219 fewer fatalities from motor vehicle crashes in 2014 than in 2013—a 0.7-percent decrease.
- Over the past 10 years, there has been a reduction of nearly 25 percent in the number of fatalities on the Nation’s roadways.
- The estimated number of injured people, which has seen subtle fluctuation in recent years, experienced a slight (and not statistically significant) increase. In 2014, there was an increase of 25,000 people injured in motor vehicle crashes over 2013.
- The fatality rate per 100 million vehicle miles traveled fell to 1.07, the lowest since NHTSA began collecting fatality data through the Fatality Analysis Reporting System in 1975.
- While motor vehicle crash fatalities decreased by 0.7 percent overall from 2013 to 2014, the number of people who died in alcohol-impaired-driving crashes decreased by 1.4 percent. In 2014, there were 9,967 people who lost their lives in alcohol-impaired-driving crashes.
- In 2014, there were 32,675 people who died in motor vehicle traffic crashes in the United States.
- In 2014, an estimated 2.34 million people were injured in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$1.8 MillionExpenses: $20,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $765,000.00 | Net to Client: $1 Million
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULTS
$2 MillionExpenses: $78,475.96 | Attorneys Fees: $850,087.96 | Net to Client: $1,071,436.00
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$2.3 MillionExpenses: $200,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $900,000.00 | Net to Client: $1.2 Million