1,100 Franklin & Ben Mason 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs Recalled
Bexco Enterprises, Inc. of Montebello, California has issued a recall for 1,100 Franklin & Ben Mason 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs.
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the front of the cribs can separate from the side panels, creating a gap. Reports indicate that children can fall through the gap and out of the crib, or become trapped between in the space between the crib and the front panel.
Fourteen incidents have occurred, but no injuries were reported.
Recall Limitations and Specifics
The Franklin & Ben Mason 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs were sold nationally between January 2012 and June 2014 at juvenile products specialty retailers for $600-$700. However, only the cribs manufactured in January 2012 to August 2012 are being recalled.
This accounts for about 1,100 cribs; 100 of which are in Canada. On the inside of a side panel of the convertible cribs, a label has the date of manufacture and model number.
The following serial numbers are being recalled: H004522, H004546, H004548 or H004777.
Ben & Franklin Mason 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs Description
- Solid wood sideboards with wood rails are located on the front and back of the crib. A storage drawer is at the base of the crib with 2 metal knobs.
- The recalled cribs were sold in two colors: weathered grey and rustic brown.
- The crib has varying heights.
- The convertible crib measures 57 inches long by 33 inches wide by 51 inches high.
- The crib is able to convert to a daybed, toddler bed or full-sized bed.