2.3 Million Triaminic and Theraflu Products Recalled
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, Triaminic Syrups and Theraflu Warming Relief Syrups have been recalled due to a defect regarding their child-resistant caps. There have been reports of children opening the packages and ingesting the medicine; one resulted in a child requiring medical attention.
Triaminic and Theraflu Products Recalled
- The child-resistant caps on the Triaminic Syrups and Theraflu Warming Relief Syrups are defective and can be removed by a child, posing a possibility of ingestion or poisoning.
- These products have acetaminophen and dipenhydramine. They are required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act to have child-resistant packaging.
- There have been 12 reports of children unwrapping the child-resistant packaging, along with 4 reports of children consuming the syrup product.
- One child required medical attention.
- The remedy is a repair or a refund from Novartis, who recommends consumers stop using the product.
2.3 Million Units Involved in Recall
- This recall involves 2.3 million units.
- 24 different types of Triaminic Syrups and Theraflu Warming Relief Syrups are involved in the recall.
- The products were sold between May 2010 and December 2011 for about $5 at various food and drug stores.
- A full listing of recalled products can be found here.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of drug and product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division have extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. The Defective Drug and Products Division represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of medical devices and/ or defective pharmaceuticals.
If you or a loved one have been injured by or have developed serious side-effects from the use of defective medications or medical devices, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57