Contact us 24/7
View all

2 Dead from NJ Carbon Monoxide Leak

Bonnie Harp2 years ago

According to Reuters, a carbon monoxide leak into a recording studio in New Jersey left two people dead and 12 others hospitalized.

About the Carbon Monoxide Leak

Police responded quickly to an emergency call received from a Passaic, New Jersey resident that found two individuals unconscious in a recording studio on Saturday. The recording studio is located on the second floor of an industrial building that holds various businesses.

Both persons discovered in the recording booth were pronounced dead at the scene. Investigators report the deaths to be a result of a carbon monoxide leak in the studio.

Twelve others sharing office space with the deceased individuals were sent to nearby hospitals for treatment after they were discovered in a sick and disoriented condition.

The identities of the victims affected by the leak have not been disclosed to the public at this time.

The cause of the carbon monoxide leak is under investigation.

What is Carbon Monoxide?

As reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:

  • Carbon monoxide is a clear, odorless, and toxic gas that can cause sudden illness or death upon exposure.
  • Incomplete combustion of materials that contain carbon can result in the production of the toxic gas.
  • Carbon monoxide exposure inhibits the body from carrying oxygen from the bloodstream to the vital organs and can result in death.
  • Carbon monoxide cannot be seen, smelled or heard; thus, carbon monoxide awareness is essential to prevention.
  • Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are headache, nausea, hyperventilation, weakness, fatigue, dizziness, and disorientation.


If you’ve been injured, we can help. Contact us