20 Injured in Houston School Bus Crash
About Houston Bus Crash
According to KHOU, at least a dozen of the injured were placed in stretchers as emergency crews responded to a school bus crash on Briar Forest near Tanglewild around 8 am.
Though the cause of the accident has not been determined, students claimed the driver appeared to collapse behind the wheel. One student indicated that the driver may have had her cell phone in hand in the moments leading up to the accident.
In total, 20 of the 28 passengers on the bus were taken to the hospital – none of those checked out appeared to have life-threatening injuries.
Authorities are investigating the accident.
Texas Auto Accident Statistics
Following information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,377 people were killed in motor vehicle collisions in Texas in 2013. This marked a 1.05 percent decrease from the 3,413 deaths recorded in 2012.
- An addition, 232,041 people were injured in auto accidents with 89,270 people suffering serious injuries.
- Using available crash data, TxDOT estimates that:
- 1 person was killed in an auto accident every 2 hours and 36 minutes.
- 1 person was injured every 2 minutes and 16 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 71 seconds.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57