2016 Honda Civic Hit with Stop-Sale Order and Recall
Missing or mis-set piston pin snap rings in the engine of the 2016 Honda Civic have resulted in a recall and stop-sale order.
About the 2016 Honda Civic Recall
The new Honda Civic comes in two types of engines: a 2.0-liter and a 1.5-liter. The 2.0-liter engine is the only one with the problem.
Potential problems forced Honda to put a stop-sale order on 2016 Civics in dealer lots. No car will be sold until the problem is fixed. Cars already with consumers are being recalled.
About 34,000 cars are being affected. Honda expects to inform consumers by mid-March 2016.
Car Companies with The Highest History of Recalls as of 2014
All information is provided by Forbes.com:
- American Honda Motor Co: 31.1 million recalled/32.9 million sold; 0.94 recall rate.
- Chrysler Group: 63.2 million recalled/63.2 million sold; 1.00 recall rate.
- Volvo Cars of North America: 3.3 million recalled/3.1 million sold; 1.05 recall rate.
- Volkswagen of America: 10.2 million recalled/9.7 million sold; 1.06 recall rate.
- Mitsubishi Motors North America: 5.3 million recalled/4.8 million sold; 1.09 recall rate.
- Hyundai Motor Co: 9.9 million recalled/8.7 million sold; 1.15 recall rate.