$3.4M Awarded to Teen Skater
The Skateboarding Incident
- On July 8, 2006, the plaintiff, an 11-year-old boy at the time, was skateboarding at Mullaly Park in Bronx when he fell and injured his ankle.
- The plaintiff claimed that one of the wheels of his skateboard got caught in a hole in the ramp of a wooden platform intended for use by skateboarders.
- The plaintiff’s mother sued the city of New York, the park’s operator, for negligence in maintaining the park and creating a dangerous condition.
- The wooden platform, which was installed approximately four years prior to the incident, was in a degenerative and dangerous condition because of mold, decay, and general wear and tear from use.
- The plaintiff sustained a fracture in an upper portion of his ankle.
- The plaintiff was placed in a cast, and underwent five months of medical treatment including several replacements of the cast.
- However, the doctor said that the fractured components had not received proper union.
- The plaintiff claims that he experiences pain every time he walks or stands for long periods of time. Even more, the plaintiff contends that his injury restricts his social life, and he is now unable to continue to do one of his favorite activities: playing baseball.
- For past pain and suffering, the jury awarded personal injury damages of $400,000.
- For future pain and suffering, the jury awarded personal injury damages of $3,000,000.
Contact an Experienced Premises Liability Attorney
Because of careless property owners, many people will suffer catastrophic injuries such as brain injuries or spinal cord injuries. The nature of many injuries which occur on dangerous property can be more than painful- they can be permanent.
Do not let your injuries overwhelm your life. If you have been seriously injured as a result of a condition or the use of real property, contact Thomas J. Henry. As your premises liability lawyer, we will secure proper medical care and fight to make sure you receive proper compensation. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends and we represent clients/victims all over the country.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57