4 Dead from Mushroom Poisoning in California
Four people are dead after eating soup made with poisonous mushrooms at a senior care facility in Northern California, several news outlets are reporting. All four victims, including the person who made the soup, were reported sick November 8th. The Department of Social Services is currently investigating the case.
Dangers of Mushroom Poisoning
- Mushroom poisoning can reportedly cause liver failure.
- There were a recorded 1,700 cases of mushroom-related illnesses (including 2 deaths) in California from 2009 to 2010.
- According to news reports, there are several varieties of mushrooms sought after in the Fall season in Northern California.
- At least one type, the poisonous amanita species, is often mistaken for a wild mushroom found in Asia.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of recalled foods or supplements, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.