5 Dead after Minneapolis Duplex Fire
Three of the victims were children, and information about the other two victims was not immediately released.
Details of the Minneapolis Fire
- Minneapolis Fire Chief John Fruetel said that the firefighters encountered heavy smoke and fire on the second and third floor of the duplex.
- According to the Seatle Post-Intellegencer,15 people lived in the duplex.
- It took firefighters 2 1/2 to extinguish the fire. The exterior appeared to remain intact while the interior was charred and blackened with broken beams and damaged insulation.
- Other residents that were injured were taken to an area hospital, and of the more than 40 firefighters who responded to the scene, only one was being treated at a hospital for a minor injury.
- An investigation to determine the cause of the fire is now underway.
Home Fire Safety Tips
- According to the U.S. Fire Administration, more than 3,400 die every year in fires and roughly 17,500 more are injured. The majority of the fires occur in the home.
- The U.S. Fire Administration advises that every home have at least one working smoke detector. These inexpensive devices can more than double a person’s chance of surviving a fire.
- Once purchased, smoke detectors should be tested monthly and should have its batteries replaced once a year. The smoke detector itself should be replace every ten years.
- People should avoid overloading circuits and extension cords and should never place cords uner rugs, over nails or in high traffic areas.
- Be aware of any unusual smells or noises that are emitted from home appliances as they could indicate a problem – if you cannot identify the problem, then the appliance should be unplugged until it is professionally repaired or replaced.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57