7 Relatives Dead in Indiana 18-Wheeler Accident
About the Indiana Tractor-Trailer Accident
- The victims' Jeep Cherokee came to a stop behind a tractor-trailer at a work zone.
- Another tractor-trailer failed to stop and collided with the Jeep, pushing the SUV into the tractor-trailer in front of it.
- The Jeep, crushed between the two tractor-trailers, burst into flames which spread to the two other vehicles.
- The vehicle was so badly crushed and burned that firefighters had to take the vehicle to the Keener Township Fire Department in order to extract the victims. Before doing this, police were only sure of two possible victims in the vehicle.
Fire Fighters Investigate the Vehicle, Police Investigate the Truck Driver
“There’s no reason for a family to be missing seven family members today due to somebody not paying attention.” – Indiana State Police First Sergeant Terrence Weems as published by ABC News
Upon further inspecting the Jeep, fire fighters discovered seven victims.
- Lindsey Williams, 27
- Lindsey Williams’ daughters, Arielle Goldman, 3, and Yazmin Goldman, 5.
- Yvette Williams, 35.
- Yvette Williams’ children, Jasmin Osborn, 7, and Jamin Osborn, 5.
- The Osborns’ uncle, Amado Mangual, 49
- Police believe speeding may have been a factor in the collision.
- According to ABC, the driver of the tractor-trailer responsible for the collision, Howard Stratton, has been ticketed at least five times since 2006.
- Police blame Stratton for the accident citing inattentive driving and negligence; however, crimial no charges have been brought against Stratton yet.
Contact an Experienced Trucking Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry have handled a multitude of 18-wheeler accidents over the past two decades and continue to handle many of the largest 18-wheeler accident cases throughout the United States. Whether the company is small or large, our success is not an accident; it is because we understand how trucking companies operate. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
Thomas J. Henry are available to respond to trucking accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57