7-Year-Old Victim Dies After Dog Attack
Information About the Incident
According to the San Antonio Express-New, the accident took place in the backyard of a residence in the 2100 block of Rocky Ridge Loop in Canyon Lake, Texas.
Deputies rushed to the scene just after 6 p.m. after being notified of the attack. Gaege Ramirez was found with lacerations all over his body.
Ramirez was airlifted to University Hospital in San Antonio. He was pronounced dead shortly after his arrival.
Smith states that five mixed-breed dogs were found in the yard, all of which were taken into custody by animal control.
It remains unclear what will happen to the dogs and whether their owner will be facing charges. Investigators are still working to determine what led to the attack.
Dog Attack Statistics
- In the 10-year period from 2005 to 2014, two dog breeds accounted for 74% of the attacks that resulted in death: pit bulls and rottweilers.
- Over 700 U.S. cities have adopted breed-specific laws since the mid 1980s.
- In 2014, loose dogs off their owner's property inflicted 40% of all fatal attacks, a sharp rise from the last 10-year rate of 24% (2005 to 2014).
- In 2012, more than 27,000 people underwent reconstructive surgery as a result of being bitten by dogs.
- Dog bites occur every 75 seconds in the United States. Each day, over 1,000 citizens need emergency medical care to treat these injuries.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57