8-Year-Old Dies After Being Struck by Tractor-Trailer
About the Queens Tractor-Trailer Accident
- According to the New York Times, Noshat Nashian was hit by the 18-wheeler as he and his sister crossed an intersection about half a block from their school.
- The young boy was struck by the truck’s rear tires as it made a left hand turn at the intersection – his 11-year-old sister was not hurt.
- Authorities have determined that the vehicle belonged to the Roadtex Transportation Corporation – a shipping company based in New Jersey.
- The driver, Mauricio Osorio-Palominos, 51, was arrested on charges of aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and operating a vehicle in violation of safety rules.
Trucking Accident and Pedestrian Accident Statistics
- According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, 3,757 people were killed in accidents involving large trucks – an additional 88,000 were injured.
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that 4,280 pedestrians were killed in traffic accidents in 2010 with another 70,000 injured – approximately one death every two hours and one injury every 8 minutes.
- Roughly 20 percent of children between 5 and 9 killed in traffic accidents in 2010 were children.
Contact an Experienced Trucking Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry have handled a multitude of 18-wheeler accidents over the past two decades and continue to handle many of the largest 18-wheeler accident cases throughout the United States. Whether the company is small or large, our success is not an accident; it is because we understand how trucking companies operate. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
Thomas J. Henry are available to respond to trucking accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.