Law Offices Serving Portland, Texas
Portland Accident Lawyers
-Thomas J. Henry is one of the largest personal injury firms in Texas.
-We obtain record-breaking auto accident, trucking accident, and workplace injury verdicts.
-Our attorneys are available 24/7. If you cannot make it to our office, our attorneys can travel to you in Portland.
LEGAL HELP FOR PORTLAND, TEXAS RESIDENTS
Industrial growth in Portland has included escalation in metal production, oil and gas extraction, petroleum and coal production, and construction. The demand these industries place on their workforce means early morning commutes and long hours. Roughly 10 percent of Portland’s population begin their commute to work between Midnight and 6 am, despite the fact that 55 percent of the city’s workers face a travel time of less than 15 minutes (the approximate drive time to Corpus Christi’s downtown area).
These early morning commutes can place those heading to work on the same roads as those returning home from the previous evening. While at first glance the number of auto accidents in Portland appears fairly low, comparing the number of fatal accidents to the town’s population tells a different story.
In fact, current records would put Portland at a fatal accident rate of 12 per 100,000 people, well above the Texas state average of 8 per 100,000 people.
CONSTRUCTION AND OIL INDUSTRIES AMONG MOST DANGEROUS FOR WORKERS
It is no secret that oil and gas extraction and construction are dangerous injuries. Still, the actual numbers can be surprising.
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), construction accidents resulted in 899 deaths in 2014, accounting for 20 percent of all worker deaths for the year. Similarly, OSHA has determined that the job-fatality rate for oil and gas extraction workers is seven times greater than the national average for all U.S. industries.
Due to the hazardous nature of these occupations, employers are expected to take reasonable measures to ensure their workers’ safety. However, every year OSHA inspectors note tens of thousands standard violations. Among the most common are:
- Fall protection
- Communication standards
- Scaffolding requirements
- Respiratory protection
- Industrial vehicle violations
THOMAS J. HENRY OFFICES SERVING PORTLAND
The firm’s Corpus Christi office regularly serves clients living and working in Portland. The office, formerly operating as a Federal Courthouse, was recently renovated to accommodate the growing firm. It has kept much of its unique Classical Revival Architecture including the original 2,100 square foot courtroom. The courtroom has proved essential in preparing our clients for trial. Because of this unique space, we are able to simulate a real trial experience including a jury, judge, and even the technology used at trial.
The Corpus Christi office also hosts the firm’s Annual Turkey Giveaway and overlooks several other community events downtown, including the annual Stache Dash 5K Run benefiting Bikes for Kids (Thomas J. Henry is an annual sponsor).
Attorneys from the Corpus Christi office are available to travel to Portland day or night to help accident victims. We look forward to the expansion of our offices and to providing continued legal representation to the Portland community. Our lawyers have experience handling many types of personal injury cases, including:
- Automobile accidents
- Company vehicle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dangerous pharmaceutical drugs
- Medical malpractice
- Oilfield accidents
- Product liability lawsuits
- Spinal cord and back injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Trucking accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Wrongful death lawsuits
PORTLAND, TEXAS APPOINTMENTS & MEETINGS
Thomas J. Henry’s team of attorneys are available 24/7 to serve the citizens of Portland. We can travel to meet with you at work or home. If you prefer to come into our offices, our Corpus Christi office is open to the community Monday through Friday. Evening and weekend appointments are also available. If you are unable to travel to our office, we can arrange to visit you at home or in the hospital. Please note we are available 24/7, nights and weekends to accommodate your needs.
CORPUS CHRISTI OFFICE INFORMATION
- Phone Number: 361-985-0600
- Fax Number: 361-985-0601
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401
A FIRM WITH NATIONAL RECOGNITION
When you get results like this, people take notice. Thomas J. Henry is among the top personal injury law firms in Texas and in the United States. Recent accolades include:
- Legal Leaders Magazine (an ALM Publication) – Thomas J. Henry- 2016 Texas’ Top Rated Lawyers
- Newsweek.com – Premier Law Firm of 2016
- Rue Ratings – Thomas J. Henry- Named Life-Time Member of Best Attorneys of America
- Legal Leaders Magazine (an ALM Publication) – Thomas J. Henry- 2015 Texas’ Top Rated Lawyers
- Rue Ratings – Thomas J. Henry- 2015 Best Attorneys of America
- Newsweek.com – Thomas J. Henry- Legal Superstars 2015
- Newsweek.com – Thomas J. Henry- 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys 2014
- Texas Lawyer – 2014 Texas Verdicts Hall of Fame
- Texas Lawyer – #1 Workplace Injury Verdict of 2013
- National Trial Lawyers – Thomas J. Henry- Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- National Law Journal – Top 100 Verdicts of 2013
- Parenting Magazine – Thomas J. Henry- 2013 Top Birth Injury Advocates
- National Law Journal – Top 100 Verdicts of 2012
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum – Thomas J. Henry (lifetime member)
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum – Thomas J. Henry (lifetime member)
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED PORTLAND, TEXAS ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in any type of accident, contact Thomas J. Henry. Thomas J. Henry has represented Portland-area residents for decades and has the experience and resources to ensure your case is handled effectively. Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekend. Call now to set up a free consultation.