El Paso Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
EXPERIENCED MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYERS SERVING INJURED CLIENTS IN EL PASO AND SURROUNDING AREAS
Our El Paso motorcycle accident attorneys at Thomas J. Henry understand that an unexpected crash can be devastating to a client and their family’s everyday life. When a motorcyclist is involved in a motor vehicle accident, the results are often catastrophic and in some cases fatal. Unlike motorists, motorcyclists do not have the added security of safety features such as airbags that passenger vehicle motorists have. When a person on a motorcycle is struck by a car, the motorcyclist is at risk of sustaining severe injuries. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident and need a local attorney in El Paso to fight for the compensation you deserve, our firm is available to you 24/7.
According to data released by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), there were 552 motorcycle crashes in 2016 in El Paso, representing 3% of the statewide total. These crashes resulted in 13 motorcyclist deaths and 28 seriously injured motorcyclists. In El Paso County, there were 613 crashes, resulting in 14 fatalities and 34 motorcyclists sustaining serious injury.
When you or a loved one are hurt in a motorcycle crash, you need a motorcycle accident lawyer with the experience and legal resources necessary to win your case. Contact Thomas J. Henry immediately if you were injured in a motorcycle accident due to another driver’s negligence.
MAIN CAUSES OF MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Texas ranks third in the nation for motorcyclist fatalities. Motorcycle accidents tend to occur most frequently at busy intersections. The top contributing factors for multiple-vehicle motorcycle accidents at intersections include:
- Failure to yield to the right of way
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Distracted driving
- Disregard for stop signs or stop lights
- Motorists not noticing a motorcycle
- Many drivers involved in collisions with motorcycles claim they “never saw” the motorcyclist
- Mechanical issues
- Accidents can be a result of defects in a motorcycle’s design or manufacturing; this could be the basis for a product liability case.
MOST DANGEROUS INTERSECTIONS FOR MOTORCYCLISTS IN EL PASO
According to KVIA-TV, the following intersections were ranked as the top 10 most dangerous intersections in El Paso based on data from 2016:
- Joe Battle Blvd & Edgemere Blvd
- Joe Battle Blvd & Montwood Dr
- Joe Battle Blvd & N Zaragoza Rd
- Hawkins Blvd & Gateway West
- Montana Ave & Joe Battle Blvd
- Joe Battle Blvd & Pellicano Dr
- Rojas Dr & Joe Battle Blvd
- N Mesa St & N Desert Blvd
- Gateway East & Hawkins Blvd
- Gateway East & Corral
COMMON EL PASO MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT INJURIES
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord and back injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Road rash
- Eye injuries
SAFETY TIPS FOR EL PASO MOTORCYCLISTS
Review the following safety tips when operating a motorcycle, even if you are a seasoned rider:
- Always wear a helmet that has a face shield or use protective eyewear
- Wear the appropriate clothing, which can minimize injuries in the event of an accident
- Obey the rules of the road
- Ride defensively; never assume that another driver can see you
- Consider taking a formal motorcycle education program to sharpen your skills
- Only ride when you feel completely awake and alert
- Never operate a motorcycle under the influence of alcohol or other drugs
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED EL PASO MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER
Were you injured in a motorcycle accident in west Texas? Our motorcycle accident lawyers in El Paso are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys today for more information about the services we provide to clients in El Paso, Texas.
- Phone number: 915-566-0788 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 221 N. Kansas Street, Suite 700, El Paso, Texas 79901 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
Everyone at this firm was very nice, I never had any trouble throughout my case. I would recommend them to anyone I know!
– Shawnita G., 3/22/2018