El Paso Trucking Accident Lawyers
Experienced 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyers Serving El Paso and Surrounding Communities
Due to El Paso’s location near the Mexico and New Mexico border, the city serves as a hub for both interstate and international commerce. This means a high presence of commercial trucking and, as a result, a high presence of commercial trucking accidents, especially along busy commercial routes like Interstate 10 and U.S. Route 54.
To make matters worse, 18-wheelers and transport trucks traveling to and from Mexico may not meet the same safety standards required of their U.S. counterparts. Faulty brakes, worn or damaged tires, and less stringent driver and safety requirements mean El Paso motorists are at a drastically increased risk of collision.
If you’ve been a victim of a trucking accident, you have rights that need to be protected. The experienced 18-wheeler accident attorneys at Thomas J. Henry’s El Paso office have the knowledge and the resources to help ensure you receive fair compensation for your injures.
Do I Need an Attorney for my El Paso Trucking Accident Claim?
The first thing you need to understand when pursuing compensation for a trucking accident is that the playing field is not level.
In Texas, there is a lot of money to be made in commercial trucking. As such, large trucking companies typically employee teams of attorneys whose sole job is to protect company’s interest. In the event of a trucking accident, that means limiting or eliminating the trucking company’s liability for your injuries.
These entities also have the financial resources to fight long, hard legal battles in a way that leaves individuals at a disadvantage.
Trucking accident claims are further complicated by the existence of complex trucking regulations as well as state and federal laws defining employer liability and the application of respondeat superior.
This is why you need an experienced personal injury attorney who is proficient in trucking accident litigation. Thomas J. Henry has been successfully litigating trucking accident lawsuits across Texas for more than 25 years. Our commercial litigation attorneys understand the statutes regulating commercial trucking companies and their drivers.
Combine that proficiency with the legal and financial resources that only the largest personal injury firm in Texas can provide, and you finally stand a chance of getting the compensation you justly deserve.
How Common Are Trucking Accidents?
Trucking accidents are actually much more prevalent than you may think. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2015:
- 11.2 million large trucks were registered in the United States
- An estimated 433,000 police-reported traffic crashes occurred involving large trucks
- 4,067 people were killed in crashes involving large trucks
- Large trucks accounted for eight percent of all vehicles involved in fatal accidents
- An estimated 116,000 people sustained injuries in crashes involving large trucks
- Of the fatalities that occurred in large truck crashes in 2015, 84 percent were occupants of other vehicles or non-occupants, such as pedestrians or bicyclists
- About one out of every four fatal crashes involving a large truck occurs on an interstate highway
- States with the most fatalities in traffic crashes involving large trucks:
- Texas — 561
- California — 296
- Florida — 225
- Georgia — 182
- Ohio — 167
What are the Most Common Causes of 18-Wheeler Accidents in El Paso?
There are many different factors that can cause a trucking accident. Here are some of the most common causes of trucking accidents in El Paso:
- Truck driver is fatigued or drowsy
- Drug or alcohol impairment
- Driver is distracted
- Commercial vehicle regulations ban drivers from using mobile devices while driving. Doing so is considered a serious traffic violation and could lead to a CDL suspension.
- Speeding or driving too fast for road conditions/inclement weather
- Unsecured loads
- When large trucks fail to secure their loads properly, motorists are put at an extreme danger. Contents from these trucks, including hazardous materials, could spill onto the roadways, causing serious accidents.
- Improper turning or lane changing
- Failure to maintain vehicle
Have You Been Hit by a Commercial Truck? Contact an Experienced El Paso 18-Wheeler Accident Attorney Today
If you have been involved an 18-wheeler accident, call Thomas J. Henry. In trucking accident cases, time is of the essence. Your trucking accident attorney will need to collect evidence, determine who is at fault for your injuries, and start the legal process. Our El Paso trucking accident lawyers will take immediate action on your case.
Speak to one of our experienced attorneys today for a free legal consultation, or fill out the contact form on this page and a lawyer will reach out to you. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you and your family. Start your road to recovery today.
- Phone Number: (915) 566-0788 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 221 N. Kansas Street, Suite 700, El Paso, Texas 79901 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
This attorney’s office is the greatest. They were really caring and they helped out tremendously!
– Angelica R, 3/22/2018