El Paso Workplace Injury Lawyer
WORKPLACE INJURY ATTORNEYS SERVING INJURED CLIENTS IN EL PASO AND SURROUNDING COMMUNITIES
As an employee, no one should have to concern themselves with the possibility of being injured while on the job. Our El Paso workplace injury lawyers at Thomas J. Henry will fight to protect your rights as a workplace accident victim and help you get back on your feet. If you feel that your employer has failed to ensure the safety of its employees or your injury was caused by defective products or equipment, call us immediately for assistance.
Our law firm is dedicated to protecting your rights as an employee after a work injury, as well preventing further injuries from occurring by sending a message to your employer. Call Thomas J. Henry at 915-566-0788 — our El Paso work injury attorneys are available 24/7, to speak with you, answer your questions, and provide you with a free consultation.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS AS AN EMPLOYEE?
Federal law ensures that you are entitled to a safe workplace environment. As outlined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), you have the right as an employee to:
- Be trained for work in a language you understand
- Use machines that are safe
- Be provided with required safety gear
- Receive proper protection from harmful chemicals
- Request an OSHA inspection, and speak to the inspector with any concerns
- Report an injury or illness, and receive copies of your medical records
- Have access to copies of the workplace injury and illness log
- Review records of work-related injuries and illnesses
- Get copies of test results done relating to hazards in the workplace
CAUSES OF EL PASO WORK INJURIES
According to OSHA, the following list is the top 10 most frequently cited violations following inspections of workplaces by the federal government. Common causes of work-related injuries include:
- Fall protection, construction
- Hazard communication standard, general industry
- Scaffolding, general requirements, construction
- Respiratory protection, general industry
- Control of hazardous energy (lockout/tagout), general industry
- Ladders, construction
- Powered industrial trucks, general industry
- Machinery and Machine Guarding, general requirements
- Fall Protection–Training Requirements
- Electrical, wiring methods, components and equipment, general industry
COMMON WORKPLACE INJURIES
In 2016, Texas was first in the nation in fatal occupational injuries and saw an increase from 527 to 545 in workplace fatalities. Common examples of on the job injuries include, but are not limited to:
- Abrasions & burns
- Back & neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Cumulative trauma disorder
- Loss of fingers & limbs
- Lung cancer
- Severed nerve
- Spinal cord injuries
HURT ON THE JOB? CONTACT OUR AUSTIN WORKPLACE INJURY LAWYERS
Sustaining an injury at work will complicate your life and cause you and your family financial hardships. At Thomas J. Henry, our goal is to provide world-class legal representation and take the burden off our clients’ shoulders. Our team of more than 100 attorneys fights diligently on the behalf of each of our hardworking injured clients. Let our El Paso work injury lawyers help you navigate the legal process while you focus on the healing process.
Contact us today and speak with an attorney for a free legal consultation. You can give us a call or fill out a contact form on this page and we will reach out to you. Don’t suffer any longer – call today.
- Phone number: 915-566-0788 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 221 N. Kansas Street, Suite 700, El Paso, Texas 79901 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
The crew at Thomas J Henry handled my case to my expectations and helped my family out in the times in need! I would like to express my deepest graditued to my team and would recommend them to anyone who ask.
– Kennth R., 4/22/2018