Houston Car Accident Lawyers
SERVING INJURED CLIENTS IN HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING COMMUNITIES
Too often, devastating car crashes occur in Houston because of reckless and negligent driving practices on the roadways. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), there were 14,299 serious injury crashes in Texas with 17,546 people sustaining a serious injury in 2017 alone. At Thomas J. Henry, our Houston automobile accident attorneys have been representing victims of car crashes caused by negligent driving for more than 25 years, fighting for the compensation they deserve.
If your daily life has been affected by an automobile accident, our experienced lawyers will make sure that your case is correctly handled at every step of the legal process. Call Thomas J. Henry now to set up a free case review. We are available to you 24/7, nights and weekends to help.
2017 TEXAS AUTOMOBILE CRASH STATISTICS
The following statistics are provided by a report by TxDOT:
- In 2017 there were 761 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection
- In 2017, there were 1,024 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol (28% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes)
- In 2017, there were 449 people killed in crashes involving distracted driving
- Based on reportable crashes in 2017:
- 1 person was killed every 2 hours 21 minutes
- 1 person was injured every 2 minutes 4 seconds
- 1 reportable crash occurred every 59 seconds
MOST DANGEROUS ROADS IN HOUSTON
According to a recent study conducted by ValuePenguin using NHTSA data, 3 Houston highways ranked among the most dangerous highways in the United States. The roads are:
- 585 fatal crashes
- 390 fatal crashes
- 212 fatal crashes
WHAT TO DO AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT
Car crashes can often be disorienting, but it is crucial that you remember a few important steps that will protect your health and your potential injury claim:
- Immediately after a crash, especially if you or a passenger is injured, call 911.
- If a law enforcement officer arrives at the scene of the accident, be sure to give a detailed account of the crash to the best of your ability.
- It is incredibly important that you file an accident report after your accident.
- Call to file a crash report if a law enforcement officer was not present at the crash.
- Seek medical attention as quickly as possible, even if you do not immediate feel pain following the accident.
- It is common to not immediately feel the pain of your injuries due to the shock of the crash. Your pain may be delayed or your injuries may have hidden symptoms, so a check-up at a medical care provider is essential.
- If possible, take pictures of the accident scene. This includes damages to your vehicle, the other party’s vehicle, your injuries, and any other environmental factors that may have played a role in the accident.
WHAT ARE THE LEADING CAUSES OF TEXAS CAR ACCIDENTS?
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield while turning left
- Unsafe lane changing
- Following too closely
- Improper evasive action
- Failure to yield at stop sign
- Disregard of stop sign or stop light
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
Contact a Car Accident Attorney in Houston
Were you injured in a motor vehicle collision in Texas? Our auto accident lawyers in Houston are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys today for more information about the services we provide to clients in Houston, Texas.
- Our Houston Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: (713) 338-2525 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 12 Greenway Plaza, Suite 1100 Houston, Texas 77046 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
Thomas J. Henry law firm is by far is the best I have encountered with. I have used them now three times and never once had I questioned the process.
– Wendell H., 8/21/2018