Accident Near Texas Motor Speedway Leaves 1 Dead and 6 Injured
Police confirmed that a two-vehicle roll over accident in Fort Worth, Texas this past Sunday resulted in the death of one man.
About the Fatal Forth Worth Accident
- According to CBS, police officers say a red Dodge 4-door vehicle carrying by three teens, ages 16 to 18, ran a stop sign and crashed into a white Honda.
- Due to the collision, the Honda, carrying a father, mother and two children, rolled over coming to rest upside down in a ditch near Highway 114 and Championship Parkway.
- The 47-year-old driver was pronounced dead at the scene; he has yet to be identified.
- His daughters, estimated to be 8 or 9 years old, was flown to Cook Children's Medical Center where she is listed in critical condition, while the 14-year old son and mother were transported by ground ambulance.
- The three teens are reported to have non-life threatening injuries, and the accident is now being investigated by FWPD with no arrests made at this time.
Texas Motor Vehicle Traffic Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways for 2012 was 1.41 deaths per hundred million vehicle miles traveled. This is a 9.3% increase from 2011.
- Pedestrian fatalities totaled 481 in 2012. This is a 13.2% increase from 2011.
- Texas experienced an increase in the number of motor vehicle traffic fatalities. The 2012 death toll of 3,399 was an increase of 10.82% from the 3,067 deaths recorded in 2011.
- There were 63,610 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2012 with 87,087 people sustaining a serious injury.
- Fatalities in traffic crashes in rural areas of the state accounted for 55.7% of the state’s traffic fatalities. There were 1,892 deaths in rural traffic crashes.
- In 2012, there were 838 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2012.
Contact an Experienced Auto Accident Attorney
Our attorneys are available to respond to auto accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices– we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$1.8 MillionExpenses: $20,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $765,000.00 | Net to Client: $1 Million
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULTS
$2 MillionExpenses: $78,475.96 | Attorneys Fees: $850,087.96 | Net to Client: $1,071,436.00
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$2.3 MillionExpenses: $200,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $900,000.00 | Net to Client: $1.2 Million