Ace Bayou Recalls 2.2 Million Bean Bag Chairs
Two Deaths Reported
A 13-year-old boy from Texas and a 3-year-old girl from Kentucky have died due to the bean bag chairs. Both children suffocated from inhaling the foam beads and were found trapped inside the chairs.
About the Recalled Bean Bag Chairs
- The non-refillable bean bag chairs’ zipper on the exterior cover and the one underneath it can both be unzipped.
- The bean bag chairs were sold in a variety of colors and fabrics – they may be round or L-shaped.
- Round shaped bean bags were sold in three sizes: 30, 32, and 40 inches in diameter.
- L-shaped bags had one size of 18 in. by 30 in. by 30 in.
- The one commonality of the Ace Bayou bean bag chairs is a sewn in tag on the bean bags’ cover seam that says, “ACE BAYOU CORP”.
- Affected bean bag chairs were sold before July of 2013 at Bon-Ton, Meijer, Pamida, School Specialty, Wayfair and Wal-Mart stores; as well as online through Walmart.com, Meijer.com, and Amazon.com. Prices ranged from $30 to $100.
- Ace Bayou is offering a free repair kit for any bean bags that are defected.