Adhesive Remover Recalled Due to Improper Labeling
Krud Kutter recalls 85,000 adhesive removers due to its failure to meet packaging requirements.
Details of the Krud Kutter Recall
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the packaging is not child resistant as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act and the labeling on the product violates the Federal Hazardous Substances Act because it does not warn of the hazard presented.
The recalled removers were sold at The Home Depot and other paint and hardware stores nationwide and online at krudkutter.com between October 2014 and September 2015 for $5 to $20 each.
Adhesive Remover Recall
Information below provided by the US CPSC:
- This recall involves Krud Kutter Decal & Adhesive Remover and Krud Kutter Ultra Power Specialty Adhesive Remover.
- The decal adhesive remover came in a clear plastic 8-ounce bottle with a purple flip-open top.
- The specialty adhesive remover came in 8-ounce, 16-ounce and 32-ounce clear plastic bottles.
- The recalled adhesive removers have product numbers PU08, UP08, UP16 and UP32.
- Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled adhesive removers and return them to the store for a full refund.