Air Movers Recalled – Fire Hazard
About the Air Mover Recall
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the air mover’s thermal switch can fail, causing the motor to overheat and may pose a fire hazard to consumers. Packaging Tape has received eight reports of incidents involving the air movers, including four reports of fire.
The CPSC recommends that consumers stop using the recalled product immediately and contact Packaging Tape for a full refund.
Description of the Recalled Air Movers
- The recalled air movers are housed in molded plastic which measures about 18 inches high by 18 inches deep by 16.5 inches wide and have a 25-foot yellow electrical cord.
- An on/off switch located on the left side of the front of the air movers.
- Model OPS-2200Y-CF of the product is yellow and models OPS-2500-CF and OPS-2500-CFR are black.
- The CleanFreak.com logo and phone number can be found printed on a white label with green lettering on the front of the unit and on a silver or yellow label on the back of the unit.
- Affected products were sold between February 2008 and December 2010 for roughly $145.