Alcohol and Speed Were Factors in Fort Worth Accident
During a news conference Tuesday, Sheriff Dee Anderson of Tarrant County commented that investigations into a Fort Worth traffic accident last month are nearly complete. Further, the investigation showed alcohol and speed were definitely factors in the incident.
The accident resulted in the deaths of four pedestrians and the injuries and hospitalizations of nine others involved in the accident.
Details of the Fort Worth Automobile Accident
- Breanna Mitchell, 24, was stopped along Burleson-Reta Rd in Tarrant County after her SUV became disabled.
- 43-year-old youth minister, Brian Jennings, stopped to help Mitchell.
- Nearby mother and daughter, Hollie Boyles, 42, and Shelby Boyles, 21, joined Jennings in aiding Mitchell with her disabled car.
- As driver Ethan Couch sped down the street, he clipped the disabled SUV, lost control, and struck the four pedestrians.
- Couch had seven passengers in his pick-up at the time of the crash, two of them riding in the truck's bed.
Results of the Accident's Investigation
“It is something that was completely preventable. It's something that, because a group of people made some very, very bad decisions, four totally innocent people lost their lives. There's just no other way to say it.” – Dee Anderson, Tarrant County Sheriff
- According news releases, authorities state 16-year-old driver Ethan Couch’s blood alcohol level was .24, three times the legal limit of .08.
- Video surveillance showed four of the teenagers from the truck stealing two cases of beer from a local Wal-Mart shortly before the incident.
- Couch’s pick-up was travelling between 68 and 70 mph at the time of the collision. The street's speed limit is 40 mph.
- Sheriff Anderson would not comment on the exact charges that could be brought on Couch and his friends, only that they would be very serious.
Contact an Experienced DUI/DWI Accident Attorney
If you suspect you have been injured because of a drunk driver, contact an attorney with the experience and aggressiveness to handle your case. Contact Thomas J. Henry. We will ensure that you get the full monetary compensation you deserve. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends and we represent clients/victims all over the country.
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$1.8 MillionExpenses: $20,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $765,000.00 | Net to Client: $1 Million
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULTS
$2 MillionExpenses: $78,475.96 | Attorneys Fees: $850,087.96 | Net to Client: $1,071,436.00
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$2.3 MillionExpenses: $200,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $900,000.00 | Net to Client: $1.2 Million