Alcohol Prep Pads Recall – Deadly Bacteria
Professional Disposables International Inc. (PDI) has recalled all lots of their non-sterile alcohol prep wipes due to the possibility that they are infected with the deadly bacterium, Bacillus cereus. PDI is now the second company to recall alcohol prep pads this year- the firm reportedly shares a common supplier with a Triad Group, a company that is facing several lawsuits over illnesses and deaths linked to recalled wipes and swabs contaminated with the same bacteria.
“Although Bacillus cereus is known mainly as an agent of food poisoning, other infections caused by this organism have been documented in immunocompromised patients,” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Bacillus cereus is a potentially deadly bacterium that may cause:
- Skin infections
- Wound infections
Information below provided by PDI.
- B33901 PDI Alcohol Prep Pads non sterile – Med 10/200's
- B33905 PDI Alcohol Prep Pads non sterile – Med 15/200's
- B33973 PDI Alcohol Prep Pads non sterile – Med 3000
- B68870 PDI Alcohol Prep Pads non sterile – Med 12/100's
- C29600 PDI Alcohol Prep Pads non sterile – Lge 10/100's
- B34700 Proadvantage Alcohol Prep Pads non-sterile 10/200's
- C36100 Proadvantage Alcohol Prep Pads Large 10/100's
- B85637 Medi-Pak Alcohol Prep Pads non sterile-Med 15/200's
- C42500 Medi-Pak Alcohol Prep Pads non sterile-Lge 10/100's
- B91437 Medi-Choice Alcohol Prep Pads non sterile- Med 15/200's
- C73400 Medi-Choice Alcohol Prep Pads non sterile- Large 10/100's
- B32071 ShopRite Alcohol Prep Pads non sterile – Medium 12/100's
- B81071 Duane Reade Alcohol Prep Pads non sterile – Medium 12/100's
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of medical devices and/or defective pharmaceuticals.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of any defective drugs and/or products, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.