Alice Man Killed in Residential Fire
A man died after a house fire broke out in Alice, Texas on Sunday. Authorities have launched an investigation into the cause of the fire.
About the Deadly Alice Fire
The 33-year-old man is dead after a fire broke out in the apartment he was in. The apartment is located behind a home located on the 800 block of N. Reynolds Street in Alice, Texas.
According to KIII News, firefighters responded and forced entry but did not make it on time to tend to the victim.
The cause is still unknown and under investigation.
Fire Statistics for 2013
The following information was provided by the National fire Protection Association (NFPA):
- 1,240,00 fires were reported in 2013 resulting in 3,240 civilian deaths and 15,925 civilian injuries.
- This averages to a one fire-related death every 2 hours and 42 minutes and one fire-related injury every 33 minutes.
- According to the NFPA the Top 5 Fire Related Situations are:
- Home Structuring – 366,600
- Home Cooking – 156,600
- Brush, Grass, and/or Forest – 135,400
- Home Heating
- Outside Child Recreation – 37,400
- *numbers are based on a monthly average from 2007-2012