All Power America Snow Throwers Recalled due to Fire Hazard
About the Snow Thrower Recall
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) reports that All Power America’s snow thrower can pose a safety concern for consumers because of a fire hazard. Exposure to Chinese gasoline for long periods of time can cause the carburetor needle to corrode which allows fuel to leak. The leaking fuel poses a serious threat to consumers due to the potential fire hazard. There have been 58 reports of the carburetors leaking fuel. No fires or injuries have been reported at this time.
The CPSC reminds consumers that they should immediately stop use of their snow blowers due to the safety concern. Owners can contact All Power to get a free repair.
Description of the Recalled All Power America Snow Throwers
- Recall involves the All Power brand of single stage snow throwers.
- The color of the snow throwers is black and yellow. The gas cap on the gas tank is red.
- It has a 20 inch wide snow clearing width and an 87cc, 4 cycle engine.
- The model number for the recalled product is SBO44P. This is printed on a yellow and black sticker which is located on the top of the unit with the phrase “20 Inch Clearing Width.”
- The recalled snow throwers retailed for about $200 and were sold at Menards Stores and independent hardware retailers from September 2012 through December 2013.