Almond and Peanut Butter Products Recalled for Salmonella
A voluntarily limited recall of Almond Butter and Peanut Butter Products has been made on September 24, 2012 by Sunland, Inc. for products that were manufactured between May 1, 2012 and September 24, 2012. The products may be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections.
Almond Butter and Peanut Butter Products Recall
- The recalled products were distributed nationally to numerous large supermarket chains.
- The recall was recently expanded to include cashew butter, tahini, and roasted blanch peanut products.
- The recall includes brands such as Archer Farms, Natural Value, Sprouts, and more. The complete list is here.
Risks of Salmonella
According to the U.S Food and Drug Administration:
- Salmonella, an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and those with weakened immune systems.
- Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
- In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
Serious Illnesses Associated with Salmonella
The voluntary recall was initiated after learning that between June 11, 2012 and September 2, 2012, 29 people reported Salmonella Bredeney PFGE matching illnesses in approximately 18 states, including Washington, California, Arizona, Texas, and more.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of recalled foods or supplements, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.