Argyle Construction Accident Leaves 1 Dead, 3 Injured
Details of the Argyle Construction Accident
The Houston Chronicle reports that the four workers were trapped under a steel frame that collapsed at the Argyle jobsite.
The workers were part of a team working on an indoor practice facility that is currently under construction at Argyle High School around 7:30 am when the incident occurred. Officials confirmed that Telena Wright was killed in the incident.
Officials are investigating the incident and trying to determine the cause of the collapse.
Construction Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA):
- 4,405 people were killed in on the job accidents in 2013. This averages to 85 deaths a week or more than 12 deaths a day.
- 3,929 of those deaths occurred in private industry with 796 occuring in construction.
- Among the leading causes of death for construction workers were:
- Falls – 294 deaths
- Struck by object – 82 deaths
- Electrocutions – 71 deaths
- Caught-in/between – 21 deaths