Dennis J. Bentley
Dennis J. Bentley works with the senior litigation attorneys at Thomas J. Henry, representing catastrophically injured victims in trucking accident cases, workplace injury accident cases, premises liability claims, medical malpractice claims, maritime litigation, products liability claims, and 42 U.S.C. § 1983 cases. Some of these cases have involved fatalities, spine injuries, and brain injuries.
Mr. Bentley has played a key role in aggressively pushing cases through to multi-million dollar settlements and jury verdicts. Some of these cases involved trucking accidents where hazmat drivers tested positive on their post-DOT drug test for cocaine and marijuana. Mr. Bentley also has appellate experience working on appeals to the Texas Supreme Court. As an aggressive litigator, Mr. Bentley believes that no matter how tough the challenge, failure is not an option and that there is no problem that cannot be resolved.
Mr. Bentley received his Doctor of Jurisprudence from the Western Michigan Cooley Law School where he graduated Magna Cum Laude. Mr. Bentley was an Associate Editor of the Cooley Law Review, where he earned the John D. Volker Award for making the most significant contributions to the publication of the law review.
While in law school, Mr. Bentley worked as a Judicial Intern with the Honorable Judge Victoria A. Roberts of the Eastern District of Michigan. During this time, Mr. Bentley perfected his writing skills as he was able to evaluate how law clerks and judges assess a legal argument from within the judicial chambers. Mr. Bentley also worked as an intern with the Michigan Attorney General’s Office where he worked on cases in both State and Federal Court.
Before law school, Mr. Bentley received his Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from Michigan State University.
Outside of the legal profession, Mr. Bentley loves to travel and is a strong outdoorsman. Mr. Bentley spends most of time spare time hiking in the South Texas Countryside.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan (J.D.)
- Magna Cum Laude
- Dean’s List
- John D. Volker Award
- Certificates of Merit:
- Highest Grade in Advanced Writing
- Highest Grade in Pretrial Skills
- Highest Grade in Evidence
- Highest Grade in Constitutional Law I
- Highest Grade in Equity and Remedies
- Apprentice Member Excellence in Service Award
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan (B.A.)
- Qualified Mediator under Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. code § 154.052(a)