Gurney Pearsall, III
As an associate attorney at Thomas J. Henry, Mr. Gurney Pearsall, III helps prepare the firm’s senior litigators for major trials.
A Native Texan, born and raised in Houston, Mr. Pearsall graduated magna cum laude from Yeshiva University in New York City with a Bachelor’s of Arts in Political Science before completing his Doctor of Jurisprudence at the University of Colorado School of Law.
As a law student, Mr. Pearsall worked at the state’s legislature, supreme court, city attorney’s office, and trial court. Mr. Pearsall also worked at a criminal defense clinical where he earned his first trial experiences as a student attorney. Meanwhile, Mr. Pearsall served as a senior editor on the University of Colorado Law Review and won several national legal writing contests. At his graduation, Mr. Pearsall was recognized for dedicating 1,000 hours to pro bono services, more than any law student previously.
Prior to his work in personal injury, Mr. Pearsall worked extensively in family law, estate planning, and appellate litigation at Pearsall Law Firm, Inc. At Pearsall Law, in addition to handling and assisting with scores of divorces, CPS cases, adoptions, and other family law matters, Mr. Pearsall won 21 cases at the Fourth Court of Appeals of Texas and nine cases at the Supreme Court of Texas.
Mr. Pearsall also joined the U.S. Army Reserves as a judge advocate (military attorney). Now a captain, Mr. Pearsall has served at Fort Benning, Fort Sam Houston, and Fort Hood. In the JAG Corps, Mr. Pearsall has helped retirees, veterans, and soldiers of all ranks, from privates to generals, and has experience as a legal assistance attorney, administrative law attorney, and defense support of civil authorities attorney.
Outside of the office, Mr. Pearsall enjoys playing tennis, composing music, working out, and is an avid chess player.
- Automobile Accidents
- Company Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Colorado
- U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- The University of Colorado School of Law (J.D.)
- Yeshiva University, New York City, New York (B.A.)
- The Judge Advocate General’s Legal Center and School
- Burger Prize (First law student recipient. Awarded at U.S. Supreme Court in a ceremony hosted by Justice Ruth B. Ginsburg)
- Hirsch Award (Awarded by the American College of Legal Medicine)