Ms. Gwen Tipton is a graduate of Baylor University and Baylor Law School and has been practicing law since 1984. She is a trial attorney in all areas of civil litigation, with extensive first chair jury to successful verdict, as well as successful results in complicated arbitrations, in both state and federal courts representing individuals, multi-party and complex business entities in personal injury, employment litigation, false positive drug testing, wrongful death, premises liability, products liability, medical malpractice, DTPA violations, bad faith, declaratory judgments, intentional infliction of emotional distress (IIED), assault and battery, sexual assault, defamation, state and federal privacy violations.
Ms. Tipton is an AV Preeminent-rated attorney with Martindale-Hubbell and has been recognized as AV Preeminent since 1995 as well as a Top-Rated Litigator with Martindale-Hubbell. Ms. Tipton has successfully litigated numerous cases, but at least two of the cases have shaped Texas law. The first lawsuit is the successful wrongful death plaintiff lawsuit through Texas state district, probate and appellate court: Villages of Greenbrier v. Torres, 874 S.W.2d 259 (Tex. App.-Houston [1st Dist.] 1994, writ denied. The second lawsuit defined intentional infliction of emotional stress. Susan Leigh Kerr vs. Dan Boyles, et al., No. 89-29876; 269th District Court, Harris County, Tex.) Boyles v. Kerr, No. D–0963, 855 S.W. 2d 593 (Tex. 1993).
Beyond her work with Thomas J. Henry, Ms. Tipton is married to Bill Tipton, and between the two, they have six grown children. In her spare time, Ms. Tipton and her husband Bill enjoy cycling, hiking and being with family.
- Automobile Accidents
- Company Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas (J.D.)
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas (B.B.A.)
- Martindale-Hubbell: AV Preeminent Rated
- Martindale-Hubbell: Texas Top Rated Litigator: 2019
- Martindale-Hubbell: Texas Top Rated Lawyers: 2018
- Martindale-Hubbell: Texas Top Rated Lawyers in Litigation: 2/3/15
- Martindale-Hubbell: Texas Top Rated Lawyers: Texas Women’s Leaders: 2/3/15
- Martindale-Hubbell: Texas Top Rated Lawyer: 3/3/15
- Martindale-Hubbell: 20th Anniversary Award: AV Preeminent: 1995-2015
- Martindale-Hubbell: Women’s AV Preeminent Attorneys: 2015
- Martindale-Hubbell: Top Rated Lawyer in Houston: 2015