John D. Schroeder
John D. Schroeder is an associate attorney at Thomas J. Henry’s Corpus Christi office.
Mr. Schroeder received his Doctor of Jurisprudence from Texas Tech University School of Law and also holds a Bachelor of the Arts in Political Science from Baylor University, where he graduated magna cum laude.
While attending Texas Tech University School of Law, Mr. Schroeder was one of two students selected to serve as a student attorney for the West Texas Regional Public Defender’s Office for Capital Cases. In this role, Mr. Schroeder assisted supervising attorneys with capital murder trials by drafting motions, meeting with clients, and providing advice and insight on pretrial and trial strategies.
Mr. Schroeder also worked as a law clerk with the 94th District Court and Nueces County Court at Law No. 3 during law school. These positions granted Mr. Schroeder the opportunity to conduct extensive legal research, prepare various writing projects including pre- and post- argument memoranda, and review pretrial pleadings and motions.
Joining Thomas J. Henry in 2016, Mr. Schroeder currently represents clients involved in auto and trucking accidents, company vehicle accidents, premises liability accidents, and product liability accidents. In his spare time, Mr. Schroeder enjoys running, playing recreational basketball, and watching Baylor University football.
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas (J.D.)
- Dean’s List
- Distinction Award – Capital Punishment Research Seminar
- Top Grade Award – Capital Punishment Clinic Practical Component Course
- Distinction Award – Capital Punishment Clinic Classroom Component Course
- Universidad De Guanajuato, Guanajuato, Mexico
- Summer Law Institute
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas (B.A.)
- Magna Cum Laude
- Most Outstanding Political Science Senior
- Provost Scholarship Recipient
- Pi Sigma Alpha
- Gamma Beta Phi
- Golden Key Honor Society
- Alpha Lambda Delta