Jude A. Smith
Mr. Jude A. Smith joined Thomas J. Henry in 2016 and currently works with the firm’s senior litigators in pursuit of fair compensation for clients injured in auto and trucking accidents, company vehicle accidents, product liability accidents, and premises liability accidents.
Mr. Smith obtained his Doctor of Jurisprudence from Case Western Reserve University School of Law and holds two bachelor’s degrees from The Ohio State University. Prior to joining Thomas J. Henry, Mr. Smith worked with several law firms handling a broad range of legal matters, including anti-trust litigation, oil & gas contracts, and insurance law. He also practiced general civil law as a solo attorney.
Mr. Smith has a passion for the law and constantly seeks to expand his knowledge of the legal system. He has been admitted by the State Bars of Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and the District of Columbia and has also been admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Southern District of Texas and the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Outside of the office Mr. Smith is an avid gardener and enjoys the Texas weather which has allowed him to finally grow tropical plants. He currently resides in Corpus Christi with his wife, a Pediatric Critical Care Physician, and their three cats.
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of New Jersey
- State Bar of Ohio
- State Bar of Pennsylvania
- State Bar of the District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Cleveland, Ohio (J.D.)
- Journal of Law Technology and the Internet, Associate Editor/Print Editor/Writer
- The Ohio State University
- Registered Patent Attorney, United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Registered Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Public Arbitrator
- Maritime Law Association of the United States – Associate Attorney
- Texas Guardianship Ad Litem Certification
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association