Kelly Wayne Adams
Mr. Kelly Wayne Adams is a litigation attorney at Thomas J. Henry’s Corpus Christi office.
Mr. Adams received his J.D., cum laude, from the South Texas College of Law, where he was a member of the South Texas Law Review. While in law school, he served as a law clerk to Judge Jeffrey V. Brown of the 55th District Court for Harris County, Texas. Mr. Adams also holds a Bachelor’s degree from Sam Houston State University. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Adams worked as a paralegal for an international law firm and was the manager of a Houston boutique firm.
After obtaining his licensure, Mr. Adams worked in the litigation section of a large international corporate law firm, where his practice included toxic tort, insurance recovery, trucking litigation, corporate crisis control, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act due diligence review, and employment law. Mr. Adams also served as a surrogate house counsel for one of the nation’s largest financial institutions for three years, handling real property, title, foreclosure, credit, and agency reviews.
Mr. Adams also has a history of serving his country and community. Mr. Adams formerly served with the United States Army Reserves’ 449th Engineering Detachment and completed pro bono work with Catholic Charities and Houston Volunteer Lawyers, handling unrepresented minor and asylum immigration cases.
Mr. Adams is married to Alla Adams, Ph.D., and is a proud step father. Aside from practicing law, Mr. Adams also has a passion for photography and gardening.
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- Cum Laude
- Order of the Lytae Honor Society
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence High Grade Award for Civil Procedure, Evidence, Property I, Criminal Law, Federal Courts, Marital Property, and Toxic Torts
- Recipient, Vinson & Elkins Award for Outstanding Legal Writing
- Recipient, South Texas Law Review Alumni Association Outstanding Article Award
- Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association