Michael H. Garatoni
Mr. Michael H. Garatoni joined Thomas J. Henry in 2018 and currently works alongside the firm’s senior litigators in pursuit of fair compensation for clients injured in auto and trucking accidents, company vehicle accidents, workplace accidents, and premises liability accidents.
Mr. Garatoni completed his Doctor of Jurisprudence at University of Houston Law Center and also holds a Bachelor of the Arts from Trinity University. During law school, Mr. Garatoni clerked at the Consumer Protection Division of the Texas Attorney General’s Office and interned with the Texas Fourth Court of Appeals. These positions allowed Mr. Garatoni to hone his skills in research and writing and build upon his knowledge of various regulatory and consumer protection laws.
Prior to joining Thomas J. Henry, Mr. Garatoni assisted a team of attorneys and industry experts at a compliance solutions company, advising client investment advisers on all matters related to the advisers’ ongoing compliance, from registration with the appropriate regulatory authority to fulfillment of the advisers’ obligations under the Advisers Act and related rules.
Apart from his education and work experience, Mr. Garatoni has marked strengths in research and writing for which he has consistently received recognition at each level of his education. As a student at the University of Houston Law Center, he contributed a case note to the Spring 2016 volume of the Houston Journal of Health Law & Policy. As a student at Trinity University, he published research in the area of meaning and welfare.
Outside of the office, Mr. Garatoni is an avid fan of the Spurs and a lover of games, especially Backgammon, Cribbage, Bonanza, and Dominion.
- Automobile Accidents
- Company Vehicle Accidents
- Premise Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- State Bar of Texas
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas (J.D.)
- Houston Journal of Health Law and Policy, Articles Editor
- Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas (B.A.)
- Cum Laude
- Association of Student Representatives, Senior Senator
- Hemlock Award for Best Philosophical Essay, 2012 & 2013 Recipient
- Dean’s List
- Michael Garatoni, “Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas Surgical Health Services v. Abbott,” Houston Journal of Health Law & Policy, 2016.
- Michael Garatoni, “Meaning and Triviality: Brogaard and Smith on the Meaning of Life,” Meteorite, Spring 2013, 1.