Originally from W. Texas, Mr. Miguel Hernandez holds a Bachelor of Arts in History from the University of Southern California and earned his Doctor of Jurisprudence at Texas A&M University School of Law (formerly known as Texas Wesleyan University School of Law).
During law school, Mr. Hernandez worked for a non-profit immigration clinic, where he successfully obtained asylum for a Zimbabwean immigrant. He also worked for the child support division of the Texas Office of the Attorney General, where he assisted attorneys general in enforcing child support orders throughout W. Texas.
After obtaining his licensure, Mr. Hernandez began working as a labor and employment attorney, representing individuals in discrimination lawsuits throughout W. Texas and New Mexico. During this time, Mr. Hernandez drafted various appellate briefs, two of which came before the Texas Supreme Court.
Mr. Hernandez now works with Thomas J. Henry’s most senior litigation attorneys, representing clients involved in auto and trucking accidents, premises liability accidents, and workplace accidents. In his spare time, he enjoys jogging, yoga, hiking and collecting vinyl records.
- Auto Accidents
- Company Vehicle Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Workplace Injuries
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico
- Texas A&M University School of Law, Fort Worth, Texas (J.D.)
- Faculty Scholarship Recipient
- Hispanic Law Students Association
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California (B.A.)
- Dean’s List
- Tex. Dep’t of Criminal Justice v. Flores, No. 08-16-00317-CV, 2018 WL 3084163, — S.W.3d — (Tex. App.—El Paso June 22, 2018, no pet.).
- Fitness Entm’t Ltd. v. Hurst, 527 S.W.3d 699 (Tex. App.—El Paso 2017, pet. denied).
- Kmart Stores of Texas, L.L.C. v. Ramirez, 510 S.W.3d 559 (Tex. App.—El Paso 2016, pet. denied).
- Wright v. Hernandez, 469 S.W.3d 744 (Tex. App.—El Paso 2015, no pet.).
- Sw. Convenience Stores, LLC. v. Mora, No. 08-15-00099-CV, 2018 WL 4178467, — S.W.3d — (Tex. App.—El Paso Aug. 31, 2018, no pet.).