Mr. Mike Jacobellis is a 38 year litigator who has practiced on both sides of the docket.
He started his career in Beaumont clerking for the legendary U.S. District Court Judge Joe J. Fisher. After finishing his clerkship, he opened a Beaumont office for Joe Tonahill, famous east Texas plaintiff’s lawyer. In Beaumont, Mr. Jacobellis handled all varieties of personal injury and consumer litigation, including products liability, maritime, premises liability, industrial accidents, workers’ compensation, and Longshoreman and Harborworkers’ Compensation. In 2001, he moved his practice to Orange Texas where he specialized in medical negligence and nursing home litigation. In 2012, Mr. Jacobellis moved to Houston and became an insurance defense lawyer for a national law firm.
Mr. Jacobellis is board certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. In 2018 he was accepted in the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Jacobellis has tried over 150 jury trials first chair in state and federal courts in East Texas. He has handled dozens of appeals in state court and U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Auto Accidents
- Construction Defects
- Company Vehicle Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Workplace Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- John’s University School of Law, Jamaica, New York (J.D.)
- Thomas More Scholarship
- Articles Editor, St. John’s Law Review
- Cornell University College of Arts & Sciences, Ithaca, New York (B.A.)