Paul W. O’Finan
Mr. Paul W. O’Finan is an accomplished trial attorney with more than 15 years of litigation experience.
Over his extensive career, Mr. O’Finan has handled a broad range of legal matters, including civil plaintiff’s litigation, civil and criminal defense, insurance defense, and civil and criminal appeals. Mr. O’Finan litigated one of the first “Federal Anti-Cyber Squatting” actions in the Western District of Texas in 2004 and served as an appellate attorney in the precedent setting “Fisherman’s Harvest” case of 2006-2007 (Fisherman’s Harvest, Inc., et al v. PBS, et al, 490 F.3d 1371). The latter resulted in the reversal of former U.S. District Judge Samuel B. Kent.
Joining Thomas J. Henry’s Corpus Christi office in 2016, Mr. O’Finan currently represents clients involved in auto and trucking accidents, company vehicle accidents, premises liability accidents, and product liability litigation.
Mr. O’Finan is a Desert Storm veteran and served more than 20 years in the U.S. Marine Corps before retiring at the rank of Major. He is also a life member of the U.S Marine Corps Reserve Officers Association. Mr. O’Finan is married with two sons and one daughter, and in his spare time he likes to restore classic cars. When inspired or motivated, Mr. O’Finan also enjoys writing poetry.
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Texas Southern University – Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, Texas (J.D.)
- U.S. Marine Corps Command & Staff College, Quantico, Virginia
- U.S. Marine Corps Amphibious Warfare School, Quantico, Virginia
- University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi (B.A.)
- Life Member of the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Officers Association