Russel W. Heald
Mr. Heald is a highly trained trial lawyer with over 35 years of experience.
Mr. Heald received his Juris Doctor from St. Mary’s University School of Law. He also holds a Master of Science in Management from Troy State University and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Louisiana State University.
During the past thirty-five years, Mr. Heald has taken well over 100 verdicts in personal injury cases as both a defense counsel and a plaintiff’s counsel.
As defense counsel, Mr. Heald participated in cases involving construction law, tortious interference, contracts, personal injury, wrongful death, and sexual assault, among others. As a plaintiffs’ counsel, Mr. Heald represented individuals and groups (30 to 1,000 individuals) in mass toxic tort cases and nuisance cases. He also served as class counsel in a class action case in South Carolina.
Beyond Mr. Heald’s vast experience as a trial attorney, he has also written several appellate briefs and argued appeals in the Texas Supreme Court, the Houston Court of Appeals, and in the Beaumont Court of Appeals.
Prior to becoming a trial lawyer, Mr. Heald was a 3-year letterman in Football at LSU and served as a Captain in the United States Air Force.
Outside the practice of law, Mr. Heald served as an adjunct professor at Lamar University in Beaumont, Texas.
- Automobile Accidents
- Company Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability Accidents
- Product Liability Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- State Bar of Texas
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas (J.D.)
- John M. Harlan Society (Top 10% of class)
- Dean’s List (1981 – 1983)
- Law Journal Staff Published
- Mary’s Law Journal, Vol. 13, No. 2
- Finalist, Moot Court
- Troy State University, Troy, Alabama (M.S.)
- Louisiana State University, New Orleans, Louisiana (B.A.)