Scott E. Breen
Mr. Scott E. Breen is a veteran trial attorney with nearly 40 years of litigation experience. He has served as lead counsel of more than 100 major cases, personally tried 24 cases to verdict, and maintains an AV-Preeminent rating with Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating obtained entirely through peer-review.
Prior to his work with Thomas J. Henry, Mr. Breen practiced in the areas of civil litigation and ad valorem tax litigation, representing major retailers, oil and gas companies, manufacturers, and other corporate entities. Joining the firm in 2019, Mr. Breen now focuses his practice on the representation of clients injured in car accidents, company vehicle accidents, trucking accidents, premises liability accidents, and workplace accidents.
Mr. Breen is competitive in the courtroom and thrives under the pressure of high-stakes litigation. He believes in putting his clients’ needs first and is fully dedicated to their success and recovery.
Beyond his work as an attorney, Mr. Breen is happy married with two children. He is an avid reader, golfer, and snow skier and has served four terms as an Elder/Session member at Alamo Heights Presbyterian Church. He is also a regular volunteer at Habitat for Humanity.
- Automobile Accidents
- Company Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas (J.D.)
- St. Mary’s Law Journal, Associate Editor (1978)
- Phi Delta Phi, Member (1978)
- Hofstra University, Hempstead, New York (B.A.)
- “The New Property Tax Code and Perfecting the Appeal – The Taxpayer’s Perspective”, 13 St. Mary’s Law Journal 887, 1982
- AV-Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Briefing Attorney, 12th Court of Appeals, Tyler, Texas, 1979-1980