Alexys J. Mathis
Attorney at Thomas J. Henry Law's Austin Office
Ms. Alexys J. Mathis earned her Doctor of Jurisprudence from University of Houston Law Center and holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from University of Houston, C.T. Bauer College of Business.
Prior to joining Thomas J. Henry Law’s Austin office, Ms. Mathis worked with a Houston-based firm dealing with transactional and civil litigation matters. She drafted legal documents, including contracts, pleadings, and motions, corresponded and negotiated with opposing counsel, assisted in mediations, depositions, and hearings, and worked to optimize office operations to better serve the firm’s clients.
Since joining the firm in 2022, Ms. Mathis has focused her practice on the representation of injured clients involved in various personal injury matters. This includes car accidents, truck accidents, workplace accidents, premises liability, and company vehicle accidents.
Outside of her work as an attorney, Ms. Mathis enjoys traveling and has traveled to several countries. She also enjoys playing tennis and attending Broadway shows.
- Automobile Accidents
- Company Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- State Bar of Texas
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas (J.D.)
- John’s FINRA Triathlon, Negotiation First Place Champion, Fall 2019
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Team, Executive Chair, April 2020 – May 2021
- Black Law Students Association, Vice President of External Affairs, April 2019 – April 2020
- University of Houston, C.T. Bauer College of Business, Houston, Texas (B.B.A.)
- Summa Cum Laude