C. Kelvin Adams
Attorney at Thomas J. Henry Law's Houston Office
Mr. C. Kelvin Adams is a native Houstonian with over 40 years of experience in personal injury and commercial trial law. He litigates personal injury cases involving serious to catastrophic injuries and death as well as a wide array of complex commercial litigation cases. He also has extensive experience in handling federal and state appeals.
Before law school, Mr. Adams attended Mississippi State University on an athletic scholarship and completed his undergraduate studies at Texas A&M University and University of Houston, earning a Bachelor of Arts in Finance. He then attended South Texas College of Law where he graduated magna cum laude. While in law school, Mr. Adams was a member of the Order of Lytae, was on the Dean’s List for all years in attendance, received the E. E. Townes Award for Academic Excellence, and served as Assistant Editor for the South Texas Law Review.
Mr. Adams has litigated hundreds of personal injury and commercial cases earning meaningful results for his clients, and he has amassed a significant win record representing injury victims and their families, individuals, and businesses. He also served as lead appellate counsel in significant state and federal appeals.
Mr. Adams is a strong advocate for injury victims and their families, and he is dedicated to using his legal expertise, knowledge, and trial skills to assist clients in obtaining full compensation for their losses. His excellence in the courtroom has allowed him to be recognized by his peers and judges as a skilled and ethical trial attorney. Mr. Adams maintains a nationwide peer-review rating of AV Preeminent® (5 out of 5) by Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards, and is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law and Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Mr. Adams is married to Brenda Adams. He and his wife have six children and nine grandchildren. In his spare time, Mr. Adams enjoys hunting and fishing, spending time with his grandchildren, and working on his family cattle ranch in Grimes County, Texas.
- Automobile Accidents
- Company Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas (J.D.)
- Magna Cum Laude
- Order of Lytae
- E. E Townes Award
- South Texas Law Review, Assistant Editor
- University of Houston, Houston, Texas (B.B.A.)
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Supreme Court of Texas, Briefing Attorney for Justice Sears McGee (1980-1981)
- State Bar of Texas, Administration of the Rules of Evidence Committee, Member (2012 – 2016)
- State Bar of Texas, Professionalism Committee, Member (1992-1995)
- State Bar of Texas, Crimes Victims Committee, Member (1993-1997)
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Houston Bar Association
- The Woodlands Bar Association
- Texas Supreme Court Historical Society
- “The Duty to Use Pharmacogentics and Pharmacogenomics to Reduce the Risk of Idiosyncratic Drug-Induced Liver Injury” – (Co-author), Drug Recall Litigation Reporter (March 2004).
- “Admitting and Excluding Medical Causation Testimony in Pharmaceutical and Toxic Tort Substance Litigation” – Houston Bar Association/CLE Seminar (2007)
- “Preserving Error at Charge Conference” – Hays County Bar Association/CLE Seminar (2015).
- “Suing and Defending Claims by and against Regulatory Agencies for Federally Insured Financial Institutions” – Brazos County Bar Association/ CLE Seminar (1991).