Furkan Burcu Yildiz
Attorney at Thomas J. Henry Law's Austin Office
Ms. Furkan Burcu Yildiz was raised in Ankara, Turkey, where she earned her LL.B in Law and her B. Sc in International Relations from TOBB University of Economics and Technology. During her time as a student, she worked as a research intern and shortly after graduating, she began working as a law clerk for the Republic of Türkiye.
After moving to the United States, Ms. Yildiz furthered her legal education by attending Eastern Illinois University where she earned her Master’s in Political Science. While in attendance, she worked as an online lecturer and graduate assistant in which she taught pre-law and the Politics of Human Rights and Civil Liberty classes. She went on to graduate from Texas A&M University School of Law where she received her LL.M with Intellectual Property Specialization.
Following law school, Ms. Yildiz gathered experience in IP law, family law, business law, and personal injury. She is proficient in drafting motions/petitions and conducting legal research and is confident in her abilities to advise her clients in the best way possible, notably in response to understanding legal matters.
Ms. Yildiz is admitted to practice law in Texas and is a member of the Turkish Bar Association.
- Automobile Accidents
- Company Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Texas State Bar
- Union of Turkish Bar Association
- Texas A&M University-School of Law, Fort Worth, Texas (LL.M.-IP Specialization)
- Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Illinois (M.S.)
- Outstanding Student Award- in 2018 from Eastern Illinois University
- International Distinguished Student in 2018 from Eastern Illinois University
- TOBB University of Economics and Technology, Ankara, Turkey (LL.B.)
- Successful Achievement Grant from 2012-2016 from TOBB ETU
- TOBB University of Economics and Technology, Ankara, Turkey (B.Sc)
- Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey (B.Sc)
PUBLISHED WORKS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Democratization in Venezuela and Turkey Midwest Political Science Association Conference in Chicago, IL, 2018
- Comparative Judicial Politics between the USA and Turkey; Illinois State University, Political Science Conference in Normal, IL 2018
- Authoritarianism both in Venezuela and Turkey, in 2019
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution in US Context-Center for North American Studies; received in 2014, Slovakia
- Training Course for EU- EU Research and Development Center; received in 2014
- Training Course for Asia-One Asia Foundation; received in 2014
- Russian Learning Certificate; received in 2011