Robert L. Manteuffel
Attorney at Thomas J. Henry Law's San Antonio Office
Mr. Robert L. Manteuffel is an attorney manager at Thomas J. Henry Law, joining the firm’s San Antonio office in 2019. Mr. Manteuffel is a tenacious attorney with over 20 years of litigation experience.
Mr. Manteuffel obtained his Juris Doctor from Southern Methodist University. He also holds a Master of Science degree in Operations Research and Strategic and Tactical Sciences from the United States Air Force Institute of Technology and a Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics from the Virginia Military Institute.
Mr. Manteuffel was born in northwest Kansas and spent his early years on a Grade-A dairy and wheat farm operated by his parents who had both been severely injured in an automobile accident before he was born. His parents, by their example, inspired him to obtain an education and law degree through scholarships and military commitments.
Mr. Manteuffel commissioned as an armored cavalry officer and served in the United States Army for 11 years in various staff positions and as a company commander in the United States and Europe during the Cold War. While a cadet at Virginia Military Institute, he graduated first-in-class and was awarded the Jackson-Hope Medal, First Honor, and the John H. French Medal for highest proficiency in mathematics. He also received the American Veterans of WWII Award for diligence and willingness to serve God and country.
Mr. Manteuffel practiced law with one carrier and several defense firms in Dallas from 1991 until 2011. He then joined a plaintiff’s wage and hour law firm, where he represented poor hourly workers in lawsuits to recover their unpaid minimum and overtime wages and damages for retaliation in federal courts. In that regard, Mr. Manteuffel was able to change the law in the Fifth Circuit to allow recovery of noneconomic damages in retaliation cases.
The thing that he enjoys most about working at Thomas J. Henry Law is the opportunity to help people who have been injured to begin the healing and recovery process. This is because he was injured himself in an accident when he was younger. He also enjoys training and developing the next generation of trial lawyers who will take up the cause of those less fortunate, who could not access the courts without our help.
Mr. Manteuffel, in addition to practicing law, has served his community over the years as President of the Berkner High School Area Exchange Club, a Director of the Dallas Market Center Rotary Club, a volunteer attorney in the Dallas Bar’s Lawyers assisting minors program (LAMP), providing counsel to non-violent juvenile first offenders to keep them from offending again, to keep them out of the juvenile detention system, and as Chair and board member of the West Dallas Youth and Family Center, to provide free basic health care services to impoverished children in southwest Dallas.
Mr. Robert Manteuffel loves his country and his family. He and his wife have two daughters and sons-in-law and three grandchildren.
- Automobile Accidents
- Company Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Products Liability
- Wrongful Death
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Southern Methodist University, University Park, Texas, (J.D.)
- The United States Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, (M.A.)
- Virginia Military Institute, Lexington, Virginia, (B.A.)
- Military Division of Kappa Alpha Order fraternity
- Omega Rho, International Honor Society for Operations Research and Management Science
- Phi Delta Phi, legal fraternity
- Hatton W. Sumners Alumni Scholar
- AV® Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Marquis Who’s Who in the World® 2010
- Marquis Who’s Who in America® 2010
- Marquis Who’s Who in American Law® 2009-2010
- Outstanding Young Men of America, 1985