Steven L. Walden
Attorney at Thomas J. Henry Law's San Antonio Office
Mr. Steven L. Walden earned his Juris Doctor from Thurgood Marshall School of Law in Houston, Texas. He also holds associate’s, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees from colleges in Texas and New York.
Mr. Walden has lived in central and south Texas all his life. He has become familiar with all areas of the Texas criminal justice system, including courts, corrections, and law enforcement. Mr. Walden has also served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Kenneth M. Hoyt, United States District Judge for the Southern District of Texas.
While in law school, Mr. Walden worked as Chief Editor of the prestigious Thurgood Marshall Law Review. His article on the landmark Padilla v. Kentucky case was published in the Thurgood Marshall School of Law Journal on Gender, Race, and Justice.
Prior to joining Thomas J. Henry Law, Mr. Walden represented clients in family law, immigration law, and criminal matters. Today, he uses his passion and commitment by representing the personal injury clients of Thomas J. Henry Law and defending their rights and interests.
Outside of work, Mr. Walden worked as an adjunct professor at Texas A&M University – Central Texas, teaching courses on evidence, ethics, and juvenile delinquency. Mr. Walden is bilingual, speaking English and Spanish. He and his wife greatly enjoy traveling and hiking throughout Mexico.
- Automobile Accidents
- Company Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- State Bar of Texas
- Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Texas Southern University, Houston, Texas (J.D.)
- Summa Cum Laude, May 2012
- Thurgood Marshall Law Review, Editor in Chief
- Thurgood Marshall Law Review Distinguished Leadership Award
- TMSL Distinguished and Outstanding Services Award, 2011-2012
- Elvin P. Ross III Peer Excellence Award & Scholarship
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship (2010-2012); Full 2L, Half 3L Scholarships
- AmJur Awards — 10 law school courses
- Tarleton State University, Stephenville, TX (M.C.J)
- Summa Cum Laude
- Excelsior College, Albany, New York (B.S.)
- National Dean’s List, 28th Annual Edition (2004-2005); National Honor Society
- Texas State University: “Most Outstanding Overall Undergraduate” and “Most Outstanding Senior” awards
- Austin Community College, Austin, Texas (A.A.S.)
- Texas Peace Officer Sequence Certificate, August 2004
- President’s Honor Roll
- Civil Rights or Wrongs? 37 T. MARSHALL L. REV. 1 (2011).
- The Role of the U.S. Constitution and Immigrants’ Rights: Removal of Remedies and the Admission of a Sixth Amendment Right to Counsel, 2 TMSL J. GENDER RACE & JUST. 57 (2012).
MEDIA APPEARANCES AND INTERVIEWS
- New York Times Magazine: “The Shame of America’s Family Detention Camps,” by Wil S. Hylton http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/08/magazine/the-shame-of-americas-family-detention-camps.html?_r=0
- MSNBC: “The Failed Experiment of Immigrant Family Detention,” By Amanda Sakuma http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/failed-experiment-immigrant-family-detention
THOMAS J. HENRY LAW – SAN ANTONIO – UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS BOULEVARD
Mr. Steven L. Walden and our team of San Antonio injury attorneys are located at 5711 University Heights Blvd., Suite 101, San Antonio, Texas 78249. We provide free walk-in case consultations Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 6:00pm. To start a consultation over the phone or to speak with your attorney, call 210-874-2615.
See what our clients have to say about their experience working with their legal team in San Antonio:
We love this law firm ! No doubt! Our attorney that represented us even to the initial stage and litigation stage, at all times they kept us informed and responded to each and every request. We love the dedication and hard work and final settlement that came through. It was worth the wait! We will endorse and recommend you all for years to come and will always keep you in our mind and our hearts in GOD forbid we get in an accident again. — Isidro Martinez
I found that my experience with Thomas J. Henry was nothing but excellent and positive. I literally was taken care of from the very beginning. I was involved in an accident in which left me with neck and spinal injuries in which I had no idea where to turn. Every one at the law firm helped me immensely and genuinely cared about me. i highly recommend this law firm to anyone who has been injured in an accident. — Julia Rojas Ramirez
They have done an amazing job. Provided all the help, and was very helpful with all the medical needs and showed empathy as a client. Provided all the necessary information that was helpful. As well generous to my family and I. The settlement was a very quickly and they were trying there best to get the best results. Thank you. – D. Guierrez
I definitely appreciate TJH’s effort in resolving my case. I trust his process in bringing great result for my case. I want to thank my attorney in assisting me with the case in a step-by-step basis as I placed my trust in him. I really do appreciate his tremendous effort to resolve my personal injury case. — Brandon Pesqueda
Even though it was a long road I am glad I choose Thomas J. Henry as my lawyer to handle my case and seek justice with a drunk driver who could have take my life. All of the attorney’s were professional and very knowledgeable. — Tiffany Guitron