ATV Deaths Prompt Safety Warning
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is expressing concerns about the rise in serious injuries and deaths among ATV riders during the summer months.
ATV Accident Facts and Statistics
Information below provided by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- According to the CPSC, the summer months mark an increase in deadly ATV accidents.
- On average, during each year from 2004 to 2010 there were nearly 700 ATV-related fatalities and about 136,000 emergency-department treated injuries.
- During Memorial Day weekend alone, fourteen adults and three children died in ATV accidents.
- New and inexperienced ATV drivers are at the highest risk for an ATV accident.
Common Causes of ATV Accidents
- Vehicle overturn.
- Loss of vehicle control.
- ATV malfunction.
- Collision with a fixed object or a motor vehicle.
Tips for Staying Safe on an ATV
- Take a hands-on ATV safety course.
- Always wear protective gear.
- Never allow more people on an ATV than the vehicle was designed to carry.
- Do not allow children to drive or ride adult ATVs.
- Do not drive ATVs on paved roads.
Thomas J. Henry Personal Injury Attorneys
Thomas J. Henry is a personal injury law firm with offices in Corpus Christi, Texas, San Antonio, Texas and Houston, Texas representing accident victims nationwide. Our priority is to provide our clients with the best legal representation. Our experienced trial attorneys are committed to defending your rights in personal injury matters including defective products, recalled drugs, child injuries, and auto accidents.