Auldey Toys Recalls Sky Rover Toys Due to Fire Hazard
About the Sky Rover Toys Recall
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reports that the USB charging chords that are sold with Sky Rover Toys can overheat. This presents a dangerous hazard, which can result in a fire ensuing as well as burn hazards to consumers.
As a remedy, consumers are recommended to immediately discontinue the use of the USB cords and contact the firm directly for further instructions on obtaining a complimentary replacement charge cord.
35 reports have been made to the firm of charging cords overheating. No injuries have been reported thus far.
Description of the Recalled Sky Rover Toys
- The USB charging calls were sold in red, orange and citron green. However, this recall specifically involves yellow USB charging cords sold with Aero Spin and Aero Cruz Sky Rover remote-controlled flying toys.
- The shape of the toy resembles a ball with two blades on the top, wings on the side and measures about 3½ inches tall by 5 inches wide. A small one-channel remote control unit operates them.
- The following item numbers are included in the recall: YW859110-2, YW859110-3, YW859110-5, YW859110-6 or TTYW859110-5.
- The item number is printed on a white sticker on the toy’s packaging.
- This product was sold at Walmart, other mass merchandisers and independent toy stores nationwide and online at Amazon.com from January 2015 through January 2016 for between $11 and $15.